Wednesday 18 August 2010

End Of The Month Review - July To August

Top 10 Films Of The Month
10. 2001: A Space Odyssey
Director:
Stanley Kubrick
Year:
1968
My review:
"Way ahead of its time, it's a movie that will continue to inspire debate and stun viewers for years and years to come."



09. Let The Right One In
Director:
Tomas Alfredson
Year:
2008
My review:
"Let The Right One In manages to craft a brutal, dark and haunting vampire story that remains true to its roots, while also being a touching and often moving tale of adolescence."


08. Rushmore
Director:
Wes Anderson
Year:
1999
My review:
"A poignant, funny and fresh comedy that demands a viewing."



07. Zodiac
Director:
David Fincher
Year:
2007
My Review:
"A unique, ambitious and very realistic retelling of a murder case which is both gripping and terrifically well made."





06. Lebanon
Director:
Samuel Maoz
Year:
2010
My Review:
"One of the most powerful, disturbing and memorable movies this genre has ever produced."





05. Moon
Director:
Duncan Jones
Year:
2009
My Review:
"Moon is a science fiction flick that, instead of being heavy on the special effects and the action, is carried by an intriguing mystery and a fantastic study of isolation and loneliness."


04. The Squid And The Whale
Director:
Noah Baumbach
Year:
2010
My Review:
"It's a realistic family drama that is fresh, funny, smart, touching and, well, simply an outstanding piece of work."




03. Happy Go Lucky
Director:
Mike Leigh
Year:
2008
My Review:
"Happy Go Lucky is an underrated masterpiece that makes me proud of British cinema."




02. Dog Day Afternoon
Director:
Sidney Lumet
Year:
1995
My Review:
"Dog Day Afternoon is everything you could want from a movie and is one of the highlights of the 1970s."






01. The Conversation
Director:
Francis Ford Coppola
Year:
1974
My Review:
"A minor masterpiece from Francis Ford Coppola who has created a brilliantly unconventional thriller that is anchored by a subtly brilliant character study and continues to resonate with modern times."


By Daniel Sarath with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment