Thursday 7 October 2010

Change to my Oscar Prediction for Best Actor


As I said in my previous blog post highlighting who I believe will be nominated for Best Actor at this years Oscars, I have yet to have been blown away by James Franco. The Spider-Man actor lacked the ability to draw us into the emotional state of Harry Osborne in Spider-Man, the comic timing to make Pineapple Express anything more than your usual stoner comedy and was overshadowed by Sean Penn in the political drama Milk. However, all of that changed tonight as I arrived home to find the new trailer for 127 Hours awaiting my viewing pleasure. It pains me to admit my inaccuracy, but this new glimpse at Danny Boyle's latest project following the success of Slumdog Millionaire previews what could be one of the most powerful performances of 2010. You can check out the aforementioned trailer below and my Best Actor predictions now stand like this:

Jeff Bridges - True Grit
Robert Duvall - Get Low
Colin Firth - The King's Speech
James Franco - 127 Hours
Mark Wahlberg - The Fighter

By Daniel Sarath with 1 comment

1 comments:

Post a Comment

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives