Sunday 19 September 2010

End Of The Month Review - August To September

Top 10 Films Of The Month
10. In The Loop
Director:
Armando Ianucci
Year:
2009
My review:
"Not only the single sharpest political satire that has graced the big screen since Dr. Strangelove, but it's also one of the funniest movies that recent cinema has brought us."




09. Gone Baby Gone
Director:
Ben Affleck
Year:
2007
My review:
"As gripping, suspenseful and well constructed as any mystery story you are likely to encounter."




08. The Kids Are All Right
Director:
Lisa Cholodenko
Year:
2010
My review:
"The Kids Are All Right has pretty much everything I look for in a movie and, therefore, being part of this family's life for two hours was thoroughly entertaining."



07. Life Of Brian
Director:
Terry Jones
Year:
1979
My Review:
"The funniest film ever made and one so daring, intelligent and unique that it is rightly considered a classic."





06. Man On Wire
Director:
James Marsh
Year:
2008
My Review:
"Every time I watch it, Man On Wire leaves me with my jaw on the floor. It's not only an incredibly gripping and entertaining work of cinema but it's one that will leave you completely stunned."




05. A Single Man
Director:
Tom Ford
Year:
2009
My Review:
"The underrated A Single Man is a beautiful, spiritual, sad and ultimately uplifting movie about what it means to be alive."


04. Brokeback Mountain
Director:
Ang Lee
Year:
2005
My Review:
"There are very few aspects about the movie that I would describe as anything other than perfection."



03. The New World
Director:
Terrence Malick
Year:
2005
My Review:
"It's not something that you watch, it's something that happens to you and overwhelms you. Beautiful, poetic and jaw-dropping."



02. No Country For Old Men
Director:
Joel and Ethan Coen
Year:
2007
My Review:
"Joel and Ethan Coen's masterpiece. One of the greatest movies of all time."





01. Mulholland Drive
Director:
David Lynch
Year:
2001
My Review:
"Mulholland Drive is the work of one of the world's most artistic, unconventional, intelligent and unique directors at the very top of his game."


By Daniel Sarath with 3 comments

3 comments:

1. Mulholland Drive - 9/10
2. No Country for Old Men - 8/10
3. The New World - 7/10
4. Brokeback Mountain - 9/10
5. A Single Man - 8/10
6. Man On Wire - 7/10
7. Life Of Brian - 6/10
8. The Kids Are All Right
9. Gone Baby Gone - 7/10
10. In The Loop - 7/10

9 for Mulholland?! What's wrong with you, man? :P

Haha! Forever a favourite, man.

Post a Comment

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives